Saturday, April 20, 2013

Race Tomorrow!

My knee is feeling a lot better. In fact, I managed to get in 2 - 45 minute elliptical workouts (plus a mostly upper body training session) this week. Of course, the elliptical was probably too much since my knee was a little sore. I took today completely off because I'll be running the GW Parkway Classic 5k tomorrow. This was my first race 3 years ago so it's fun to see my progress each year. Someday, I'd like to do the 10-miler, but not this year since I'm running the Nike Women's Half next weekend.

Tomorrow is Sunday, but I'll be up at 4:30 to find consciousness, eat, dress and gather my things before heading out. It's going to be rough getting up that early when I could be sleeping in, but I consider myself lucky to be able to run at all since the horror in Boston. Boston is actually the reason, I have to get up earlier than usual. Despite the end to the fear of a perpetrator, there is added security that might add to the time I need to arrive on time.

Looking forward to ending my 2 week running break!

No comments:

Post a Comment