Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Resolutions - 2012

I love this time of year.  Unlike a lot of people who set resolutions and have forgotten them by February, I really work to accomplish the goals I set.

The past few years I've done really well.  I lost all my baby weight (2008), started a blog (2009), became active (2010), ran a 5k (2011).

2011 was actually a really great year.  I wanted to run one 5k and I participated in 6 and ran 3 from beginning to end.

So, 2012 ...

How about a half-marathon??  Yes, please.

Last year, I saw an ad for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon.  I dreamed of doing it, but had to face the reality that there was no way I was ready.  In October, I started thinking about it again.  I was no longer plagued by injuries and was running consistently.  I decided to start following a training plan to see if I was able to maintain the mileage.  If I could keep it up until the deadline for registering to have my name printed on the bib (December 1), I would go for it. 

Success!

In February, we're packing up the kids and we're heading to Disney.  2 of my fellow belly-dancing running friends will also be participating with me.  Our trio will consist of Jasmine (me), Aurora and Rapunzel.

My goal is to simply finish.  This being my first half, I have no idea what to expect or what kind of time would be realistic to shoot for.  I think 2:30, but I really don't know so this is more of a general guess than a goal.
There you have it.  2012, here i come!

No comments:

Post a Comment