Monday, September 9, 2013

Ah, Monday morning

I had a lovely weekend.  Saturday, I planned to go to the gym and it just never happened. I was so incredibly sore from getting back into my routine last week that I couldn't even walk without being in pain. This made me cranky and I decided a rest day to recover was the best idea.

Sunday, the soreness was a teeny bit better and I headed to the gym to do my scheduled training run. There is a super fabulous cinema room where the movies are rotated daily and I was delighted that I got there just as Return of the Jedi was starting.  Princess Leia in that slave costume is certainly a motivator!  4 miles later, I was done.  The run also helped alleviate more of the soreness. 

After that, I headed home for a shower and a quick protein shake before taking my oldest daughter to her first soccer class.  It was a lot of fun to watch her despite the hot day and she had a wonderful time.  She has ADHD and Aspergers so she has some trouble with her attention span but she did really well and I couldn't be more proud of her.  She seems to love sports and I've also signed her up for a running group.  She's really excited about that so I hope she gets in.  If so, she will complete her first 5k in November. I'd love to have her as a running buddy, but I suspect she will be a lot faster than  me!


I ended my day with 2 1/2 hours of belly dance classes to start off the fall session. It was nice to have a break after summer but I was really happy to get back into that again as well. I managed to get home in time to watch a DVR season premiere of Boardwalk Empire with my husband before showering and bed.  

I got to bed late but still planned to go to a 6AM Body Pump class. Yeah, no. I needed more than 6 hours of sleep. Workout will have to wait till this afternoon. 

Now, to work.  Happy Monday! 

P.S. I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment