Tuesday, February 14, 2012

12 Days

Sunday I was in lovely, flat Delaware visiting my parents and I did a long run of 10 miles.  BRUTAL is the only word I can use to describe it.  It was in the 20s and so windy my ponytail was horizontal for most of the run.  I had my dad drive me a couple of miles so that I could end my run at the house.  I dreaded getting out of the car.

Well, I did it.  My longest run yet.  The run itself wasn't bad - 1 hour 49 minutes, 10:51 pace - but the cold and wind made it tough.

I'm a little sore but not bad and no knee or calf pain.  I have to admit, the training is wearing on me.  Two 5 mile runs this week leading up to my last long run next Sunday.  I'm nervous about it because I'll be running it at home.  Unlike Delaware, this area is hilly and I think it contributes to some of the pain and injuries I experience. 

One more.  Fingers crossed it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment