Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2 weeks!

I can't believe it's almost here.  Two weeks from today I'll be packing for my trip to Disney to run the Disney Princess Half-Marathon. 

My first half-marathon. 

The past couple of weeks have been tough.  Knee issues came up suddenly and I've been trying to balance training with resting.  So far so good.  Then, a strange pain between my ankle and calf.  Can't figure out what it is and it was so bad after my long run on Sunday that I could barely walk.  I finally iced it and it disappeared.

My goal is to finish.  My dream is to finish in 2:30.  It is possible if everything goes well.

Right now, I'm focusing on just getting through the last few runs then shifting to simply enjoying my vacation.  One thing I have kept in mind since making the huge decision to register for the race was that if it all goes to hell in a handbasket and I can't finish, I will be in Disney World with my 2 little girls for the first time.  I'm as excited for them as I am for myself.  I'm looking forward to their excitement and the wonder in their eyes.  They have no idea we're going either.  It's going to be a huge surprise!  I can't wait.

Disney, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment