Monday, March 11, 2013

5 days till Half

Last week's schedule didn't quite go as planned. 

                      Plan                       Actual
Sunday -       Strength             Pilates.  Nice easy start.
Monday -      Intervals            Rest - My knee hurts.  Not a good time for intervals.
Tuesday -      Rest                  Rest
Wednesday - 4 miles              It's snowing!  I can't make it to the gym but I have a race in
                                               a week.  Panic and do a 10 mile run on my treadmill.
Thursday -    8 miles              PM training session and 30 min on elliptical.  Knee isn't feeling so hot.
Friday -        Strength             Rest - Knee achy.
Saturday -    7 miles               Rest again.  My knee feels better but I'm resting so I can have a good
                                               workout Sunday.

Not such a great week.  My knee started bugging me a little the previous week and hasn't really recovered 100% So its dominating my workouts (or lack thereof).  Yesterday, I did Body Pump and 30 min. on the elliptical but it's going to be an easy week.  I'm following the training plan for the Nike Women's Half in April but I don't plan to do ANY running this week leading up to the Rock 'n Roll half-marathon on Saturday because of what's happening with my knee.  My friend and I are taking a nice, easy approach to this race but I don't want to take any chances.  The only other workout I have planned this week is a personal training session and some cardio (elliptical) on Wednesday.  Fingers crossed my knee feels okay but Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment