Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snowquestration week

Last week went pretty well and I actually managed to pretty much stay on track.

Feb 24 - March 2:
Sunday - Strength - Body Pump + 30 min Elliptical
Monday - 3 miles / 10:18 pace.  This run felt "off".  I felt like I struggled to get through 3 measly miles.  Just one of those bad run days I guess.

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Should have been 3 miles but I took RPM Cycle instead at the gym.  After Monday, I started having some knee pain and didn't want to put that impact on my knee.  I probably should have skipped cycle too, but it went ok.

Thursday - Should have been 5 miles but knee discomfort persisted.  Did BodyPump and 30 min on the elliptical.

Friday - I took a strength class called Chisel.  Don't love the class because the instructor plays music that is NMS for exercise (country?  80s metal?) and it makes it really hard for me to get into it, but I got through it.  30 min. elliptical after that.

Saturday - I didn't check the plan so I didn't realize that I was 1/2 mile short on my run.  Should have been 6.5 miles but it was 6 miles as I posted previously.  Went well.

------------------------------------

This week hasn't been great and doesn't promise to improve much.  I did Pilates at home on Sunday because I didn't have time for the gym.  I had plans to go to a flea market with friends that day and unfortunately, all that time on my feet wasn't good for my knee so it was aching by Sunday evening. I took Monday off since I didn't think it was a good time for intervals (or any running).  I have dance class tonight (Tuesday) so that's more time on my feet.  Plus, there's a snow storm coming.  I don't have high hopes for this week but we'll see how it goes.  Here's the plan ...

March 3 - March 9:
Sunday - Pilates
Monday - Intervals (Resting my knee.)
Tuesday -  Off
Wednesday - 4 miles + The Punisher
Thursday - 8 miles
Friday - Strength
Saturday - 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment