Friday, March 22, 2013

New York-bound

It's been an interesting week. I figured that since I took it nice and slow on Saturday that I could just go on training like usual. Not so much.

I struggled through a cycle class on Wednesday. My training appointment went great (got that good kind of soreness) but yesterday I had 10 miles on my training plan and it wasn't so good. I decided to use the treadmill at the gym to avoid hills since my knee isn't 100%. I started running out of steam around mile 5 and also had some tummy issues. I spent the next 3 miles thinking of what could possibly have done it. Ice cream the night before. Ugh. I can't have dairy before a long run. Still, glad I did the 8 miles.

I guess I need a little more recovery time and it works out because I'm actually headed to NY for a funeral and its going to be a quick trip with no time for workouts. Sunday, I have a belly dance show so that's not looking good either and next week is spring break for the girls so it might be a tough week to get workouts in. I'm hoping a few days rest does me some good and I can get in a few good workouts in the evenings.

I'll end here with this lovely tile at the station. Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment